Editors ensure the quality and integrity of articles published and greatly contribute to the Journal reputation and consistently upgrade the Journal standards by handling scrupulous peer review. Their duties might include reading manuscripts, making sure that a writer’s formatting fits for guidelines, correcting grammatical or factual errors and making suggestions for improvement. They may also be responsible for selecting articles or manuscripts for publication, assisting with design layout and overseeing other aspects of publication.
The primary role of Review Editor is to referee the peer-reviews of submitted manuscripts. They are responsible for certifying the validity and accuracy of articles published, and for helping authors to improve the quality of their research.
Benefits of being an Editor for Proskolar Journals
- Certificate of appreciation from Proskolar, honored by the Editor-in-Chief at the end of the year
- Recognition as an editor for Proskolar journal
- Special discounts for articles published by editor
- Editors are requested to assign the reviewers for the manuscripts received from the editorial office. If the editors are occupied by other works, they can inform the editorial office about their unavailability. This enables us to assign the same article to other editors having similar research interest.
- Timely contribution of the editorials/manuscripts for the upcoming issues of the journal.
- Encourage submission of quality articles to the journal by personally recruiting authors, assisting them with outreach, and ensuring the marketing plan is executed.
- Check the quality of manuscript and determine whether a submitted manuscript is appropriate for the journal.
- Communicate with reviewers regularly according to their accessibility and provide them clear instructions in sustaining quality of the journal.
- Respond appropriately to the editorial office and ensure completion of the review process within the given timeline.
- Editors are liberated to work according to their interest and prior commitments.
- We welcome editor’s suggestions in providing appropriate resources, guidance from experts to perform the publisher’s role in a proficient manner and improve the quality of the journal.
- Contact with other editorial board members and monitor the complete peer review process to maintain the standard of the journal.
- Recommend acceptance or rejection of the articles considered for publication to the journal Editor.
- Editors need to maintain confidentiality and abide to publication ethics of Proskolar Journals.
The primary goal of editorial policies are to defend and emphasize the integrity and quality of journals. Proskolar Journals provides absolute editorial liberty to the Editorial Board members with the right to establish journals content and it does not impede in assessment process of manuscripts in any which way. Our journals are designed to meet research ethics, copyright protection, to maintain transparency and value the privacy of every individual involved in publication process such as editors, reviewers and authors. The primary objective of an editor should be maintaining the quality of publishing content, ensure skillful peer review process and publish on a well-timed basis.
Editors should make sure that all the articles published are within the scope of the journal in terms of relevancy, authenticity, scientific strength, new inputs, potential interest, completeness, clarity and ethics. Also assure that decisions of editor regarding the manuscripts are not affected by the authors Ethnicity, Origin, Race, Nationality, Religion, Personal Issues or Political Beliefs. Editorial Decisions must be provided strictly based on scientific validity of the articles and significance to the advancement of scientific community.
Interested to be an Editor?
Proskolar Journals open its doors to all the researchers, academicians, medical practitioners, Professors and scholars in all the major fields of medicine to join the editorial team.
If you be interested to join as an editor for our journals, kindly contact us with your CV mentioning the journal of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org